Position StatementsThe National Cued Speech Association has several position statements. Some position statements have been revised to reflect current thinking and practices in the cueing community, as well as in the fields of deaf education and deaf studies.
Please take a look at each of these statements or download the comprehensive PDF file at the bottom.
The adoption date for each position statement can be viewed in the PDF files below.
- The Role and Responsibilities of the Cued Language Transliterator and Pay Parity
- Cued Speech and Literacy
- Early Intervention and Cued Speech
- Cued Speech and the Deaf Child in the Hearing Family
- Cued Language Transliterators and Direct Instruction at Schools and Other Educational Institutions.
- Cued Speech and Cochlear Implants.
- Bilingualism - American Sign Language and cued English
- The Inclusion of Cued Speech in an Auditory-Verbal Environment
- Package of NCSA Position Statements [PDF]