How NCSA Member's money helps our Cued Speech programs:
Sponsorship for families to learn Cued Speech and for Cue Camps and scholarships dramatically increases annually.
Aid for deaf students to attend college with the R. Orin Cornett Scholarship.
Research-based information on the benefits of Cued Speech.
Family, Group & Professional Education
Educate families and professional regarding the long-term effects of Cued Speech for literacy, language and communication.
NCSA provides resources for educational programs using Cued Speech in the United States and Canada.
Parents & Professional Organizations
Working Together - With consistent, effective use, deaf children who communicate with Cued Speech develop the language base that enables them to read and communicate with their hearing peers at the same level and use similar reading strategies as if they were hearing.
*Click here to become a NCSA member by filling out the membership form »
NCSA and its Deaf Children’s Literacy Project provide:
- Information and support services via 1-800-459-3529 (TTY / V) or contact us through our form - www.cuedspeech.org/contact »
- A network of affiliate centers and chapters.
- Publications, including the newsletter On Cue, The Cued Speech Journal, and books.
- Cued Speech Discovery catalog bookstore at [email protected].
- Sponsorship of family camps, workshops, conferences and scholarships.
- Free first-year memberships for families of children who are deaf or hard of hearing.
- Professional standards for the use of Cued Speech.
- Training and certification of Cued Speech Instructors.
- Listings of certified instructors, Cued Speech transliterators and job opportunities.
- Support for equal access to communication.
- Promotion of early identification of hearing loss and parent education.
- Encouragement of and participation in research relating to the use of Cued Speech.