- Be a source for information regarding the use of Cued Speech as a mode of communication.
- Disseminate the results of research through peer-reviewed journals and available media.
- Advise parents and professionals about the use of Cued Speech for communication, language, and learning needs.
- Support and promote equal access to communication through Cued Speech for individuals with communication needs.
- Champion the increased use of Cued Speech and cued languages by schools and programs for children.
- Promote education policy among local, state and federal authorities that support early identification of children who are deaf or hard of hearing including education of the parents as to modes of communication available, including Cued Speech.
- Promote the inclusion of Cued Speech in the curricula of university and professional training programs.
- Provide a support network for families and professionals who choose to cue.
- Support and promote the delivery of quality Cued Speech services for all users.
- Facilitate research regarding the use of Cued Speech.
- Promote and support professional standards for instructors, transliterators, educators and speech-language pathologists regarding the use of Cued Speech.
NCSA Bylaws and Policies [PDF]
Learn about and help support our Deaf Children's Literacy Project
Download Adobe Acrobat Reader